What is a rooting agent?
From Salix Babylonica, it contains natural plant hormones that stimulate and increase root growth. Recommended for cuttings and transplants, you will get the plant to quickly grip the ground and create a strong and safe root system. Having strong roots is essential for the entire development of the plant, therefore, using a rooting agent in the early stage of growth is a safe bet for the general development of the crop.
It has its origin in the Salix babylonica or weeping willow, which is a tree that belongs to the Salicaceae family and is native to East Asia. This tree contains two excellent substances for plants, salicylic acid and indolebultyric acid.
Benefits of using rooting agent
- It contains plant hormones that stimulate and increase root growth.
- Increases the natural defenses of plants.
- Rooting based on Salix Babylonica.
- It triggers a defense response in nearby plants by converting salicylic acid to a volatile chemical form.
Vermiorganic rooting properties
Indole butyric acid is a plant hormone that stimulates root growth. It is present in high concentrations at the growing tips of willow branches.
Using the actively growing parts of a willow branch, cut and soaked in water, significant amounts of hormones can be obtained for our cuttings. On the other hand, salicylic acid is a plant hormone that intervenes in the plant’s defenses. It can also trigger a defense response in nearby plants by converting salicylic acid to a chemical form volatile.
One of the biggest threats to newly spread cuts is infection by bacteria and fungi. Salicylic acid helps plants to fight infection and thus can give cuttings a better chance of survival.
Dosage and instructions for use
- For reproduction of cuttings: Mix the rooting agent at 50% with water, if it can be without chlorine. Introduce and leave the cuttings submerged for 2-4 hours. Wait up to 24 hours / 48 depending on the plant. Sow next.
- For direct use in drip irrigation: 20 L / Ha in the first application. A cap for 0.5 liters of water. The entire container is equivalent to 50 liters.