Coconut fiber substrate with variable mixture of fiber and coconut shell
Our coconut fiber is manufactured in accordance with all EU quality standards. It comes from indoor crops in Asia, which means that the treatments to eliminate the salinity of the product (washing with low salt water) are much shorter to achieve a quality product. Furthermore, in the production process the resulting dust is screened, avoiding root asphyxia in crops.
Especially recommended as a substrate for all types of plants due to its salt content and slightly acidic pH. It improves the physical characteristics of the soil, by itself and when mixing with other substrates, such as porosity and water retention, very important aspects for the proper development of plants.
This product is a mixed substrate, with optimal and homogeneous granulometry. You can choose the most appropriate mix for your crop. It is ideal for growing in all types of containers and in both outdoor and indoor conditions.
It also has a high Cation Exchange Capacity (CEC), retaining a large amount of nutrients provided as fertilizer.
It is a substrate free of pathogens and weed seeds, which complies with Royal Decree 865/2010 of July 2 on cultivation substrates ("Real Decreto 865/2010 de 2 de Julio sobre sustratos de cultivo”) in the content of heavy metals and the rest of mandatory declarations.
- It is a sustainable, biodegradable and 100% organic product, which helps retain water and provides excellent aeration and drainage for plant roots.
- This product prevents root suffocation, is low in salinity, has a slightly acid pH and improves the physical characteristics of the soil.
- It increases water retention and cation exchange capacity.
- It is recommended as a base for vermicompost bins with our Californian redworm (Eisenia foetida).
- Ideal for urban gardens, fruit trees, flowers, lawns, flowerpots and seedbeds, mixing it with our vermicompost (worm humus) in a proportion of 30% to get an optimal substrate.